A good nights sleep is the most important requirement of a day’s routine and one should not take it lightly. Lack of sleep can lead to various health problems as well as various mental problems too, all of which can lead to a stressed life. For a nice and deep sleep every night, one needs to have various things, but out of all of them pillows play a big role in comfortable sleep. A hard and uncomfortable pillow can ruin one’s sleep as well as one’s neck. However, with recent research and studies it is found that memory foam is one of the most effective materials for pillows, so let’s learn more about it.
What is a memory foam pillow?
Memory foam pillows are made of a kind of material called polyurethane and it is highly preferred by people who like their pillows and mattresses to mold easily when exposed to body heat. This is the reason why it is the most comfortable material for bedding equipment. These pillows are really helpful for giving comfort to one’s neck while sleeping as compared to traditional pillows.
Types of memory foam pillows
One can also find several types of memory foam pillows on the market that can be chosen according to one’s budget and requirement like:
- Contoured pillows: these are common types of pillows which is made out of a single piece of memory foam. They have ridges on the lower and upper side with a shallow part in the middle.
- Shredded pillows: these are just the kind of regular kind pillows as they are filled with down and shredded memory foam. These pillows are highly comfortable and are perfect for those who are searching for memory foam experience as well as a regular pillow structure for resting their head.
- Traditional style: these pillows are just like contoured pillows, however, the only difference is that there are no contours on it. Instead, it is just like any regular pillow and it is made out of a single piece.
- Wedge pillow: these pillows are like wedges and they are more than just a headrest. One can use it in various ways as they are not like any other conventional pillows.
While buying a memory foam pillow it is advised to consider the pillow size one is comfortable in, the firmness of the pillow depending upon the fill and the sleeping position.
Benefits of memory foam pillows
There are several benefits of choosing these pillows over some other materials like:
- It is helpful in preventing the neck from going to awkward directions and positions while sleeping.
- It also helps in keeping the spine aligned and straight.
- One can find a variety of shapes and sizes of these pillows according to one’s choice.
- These pillows get easily molded to the shape of the head.
- These pillows are also hypoallergenic in nature, means like other materials one will not have to worry about allergies.
- These pillows retain their shape and one one will not have to fluff them or flip them to maintain their shape.
- It also helps in reducing one snoring as it keeps the head aligned and straight, thus keeping the nasal passage straight.